Hello! I’m back from driving around central Pennsylvania for three days in the rain and fog. I cancelled the Denver trip but next week: Baltimore. It’s a glamorous life.
Here’s some Hillary:
No comment required.
Okay. Decorating news! We’re in the final stretches of the den decorating project. Now I have to decide which buffet I’m going to put under the wall mounted TV. Remember – the theme for this room is Craftsman Style Meets American West Plus Pine Cones And A Big Clock. I’ve got the big clock, the pine cone and a western-style metal carnival horse but nothing Craftsman-style. This is my big Craftsman-style move. Take note that I’m not going authentic Craftsman because that is too much of a box for me to be contained within – I’m going for the essence of “Craftsman style”. With that in mind, which one of these two buffets is better?
Points of consideration:
- These two are just about the same price and the same availability.
- #1 is 2″ taller than #2 and that is a negative.
- The color of #2 is better but the door style of #1 is more appealing to me
- #1 looks like you could almost get the vacuum under there but you probably can’t and will just bang up the front trying. (-) I wouldn’t even try to shove the vacuum under #2. (+)
- #1 is unmistakably Craftsman-style; #2 is more indistinct and might survive here longer when I become disenchanted with Craftsman-style
- They’re both described as “oak” but #1 has a finer (fake?) grain (+) than the wild swooping (fake?) grain of #2 (-)
- #1 is clearly wine bottle storage only in the center (+) but #2 has a shelf that Sami will try to park his various envelopes, supermarket fliers and stray screwdrivers there and then it will look like hell (-)
Overall, I think I like #2 better. No – #1. No – #2.