Things are not going according to plan with my guest room project. In fact, it reeks of failure:
- the paint color is blah
- the orchid lamp looked insignificant and lost so I switched it out for a taller lamp that I brought from NJ
- I ran out of time to white wash the bargain night stand
- the new mattress is here but the new foundation has been riding around on a UPS truck since last Friday
- I don’t think the desk that I built the whole design theme around is going to look good in here.
On the plus side:
- the carpeting cleaned up nicely and looks brand new
- the Craigslist headboard looks better than I thought it would
- the design on that lamp allows me to hang the old Redouté roses pictures I’ve been storing in a closet and have been kind of missing. (You remember – the one that tried to assassinate me in my sleep) But even so, my whole design plan is in tatters now.
The guests for this guest room arrive in the wee small hours of Dec 23rd after a long multi-leg flight from California, so I’m banking on the fact that they won’t care what the room looks like as long as they can stretch out and go to sleep.
I’m disappointed in myself.
UPDATE – I AM ALSO DISAPPOINTED IN UPS AND WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT FEDEX MANAGED TO DELIVER EVERY PACKAGE ON TIME AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE HAVING AN OVERSEAS CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE READ A SCRIPT TO ME BECAUSE THAT IS NOT A SERVICE IT IS A PLAN TO PLACATE ME WHICH DID NOT WORK.