This sequester crap is no joke, man. My daily activities are so much more painful now. Good job, Jug Ears – MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Here is a partial list of deprivations, hardships and slow downs that I have noted since this whole thing began:
- No limes on United flight back from Denver.
- Ran out of facial tissue in my upstairs bathroom; re-supply extremely slow
- Stopped at a McDonald’s on Route 206 – no Shamrock Shakes available despite nation-wide advertising blitz leading me to expect one
- No one put out my garbage can for pickup this week
- Had to eat chicken for dinner three nights in a row
- Spotted little girls obviously let loose from the same orphanage that provided them bright green clothing and matching berets trying to earn money by selling boxed cookies outside of store entrances WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN
- No guides available to lead me through tour of newly opened Big Lots! store in at the Freehold Mall
- Suddenly became aware of large numbers of newly released Mexican chicken planters on eBay; one of them looks like Janet Napolitano. DHS connection? Possible safety concern for me since I am likely to get bonked on the head if I show up with one more item of questionable decor for an 8’x8′ outdoor space.
And this is only a few days! Imagine if life is like this permanently because of … what is it again?