First thoughts upon reading the news that Benedict XVI plans to resign from the papacy:
- Maybe the next one will bring back hats and the Tridentine Mass.
- Uh oh. This is going to be a bad week for Catholics.
- What a disappointment this must be for Occupy The Vatican.
- There’s probably going to be a 3-4 hour window for Pope jokes and then the disrespectful speculation starts to appear in print.
- Thank God that the internet is a well-known factual expert on Catholicism.
- Brace yourselves for long-winded um, … ponitifcating about how Islam is better than Catholcism.
- I can’t wait for the investigation journalists to make the connection between the Church’s resistance to the Obamacare mandate for contraception and this resignation and then to tie it all back to Obama’s puppet masters.*
- Ireland is going to flip its shit over this.
- The LoFos are going to have a field day using this to insist that the Catholic church must be no more.
- I wonder what Joan Baez is going to say about all this.
- TV’s Talking Blondes are going to have to give up their manipedi time to brush up on the biographies of corrupt Popes in case the LoFos don’t think of that by themselves.
* Ha ha.**
** Get this: the Pope’s shoemaker makes shoes for Obama. Coincidence or mole in the Pope’s inner circle? You tell me. ***
*** I saw an episode of PawnStars last week where a woman showed up with a battered shoe box that contained the Papal slippers of Pope Leo XIII. She had some breezy story about how her aunt was a nun and she was helping her clean out her nun closet one day and they came across this box and the aunt said oh those are just Pope Leo’s shoes and now I have them so how much will you give me for them? Too coincidental for me. There must be some kind of connection here but I haven’t quite worked it out yet.