I don’t know. Is this weird? I think it’s weird.
- The American Gothic House has a gift shop. You can get the folding umbrella in “house” or “window”.
- The American Gothic House website has a section of visitor photos in the traditional pose in front of the house. None of the visitors are as lean as the original models. Many are quite the opposite of lean.
- There seems to be a pie stand inside of the American Gothic House.
- FAQ – The pie stand is inside the living room of the American Gothic House, so why can’t we tour the rest of the house? The pie stand was originally set up in the side yard of the house, but due to rain, wind, extreme heat, and the fact that bees love pie, it became much easier and safer to move the pie stand to a sheltered, climate-controlled spot. The house itself is a private residence, famous only for its exterior, and has never been open for tours.
- The pie maker painted the kitchen cabinets red.